Many people are calling herbal smoke an alternative to Marijuana, or legal Marijuana. However, that is not entirely true. Marijuana is an illegal drug, and a controlled substance whereas, herbal smoke is comprised of many different, 100% legal herbs. There are some herbs that may have mood enhancing properties, but many don’t.
Herbal Smoke, The Facts
- People have been smoking herbs for thousands of years for medicinal, ceremonial, and religious reasons. Ancient cultures have used herbal smoke to help produce visions, enhance dreams, and induce a relaxed, or euphoric state.
- During the last ten years, interest in herbal smoke has increased, mainly due to the harmful effects of nicotine and tobacco found in regular cigarettes, and of course, as an alternative to illegal drugs such as Marijuana.
- Herbal smoke is 100% natural and contains no harmful chemicals like nicotine, or THC (the chemical in Marijuana that produces the ‘high’).
- Because there are no illegal substances in herbal smoke, you will never test positive on any drug test.
- There are many types of herbal smoke, and each one will have a different taste, and produce a different effect.
Herbal Smoke as a Mood Enhancer
There are certain herbal smoke products that can be used for mood enhancement. This doesn’t mean that you will experience the same ‘high’ as you would with illegal drugs, but they will normally have a calming effect, leaving you feeling revitalized, and content. Herbal smoke that generally has this effect contains herbs such as: Wild Dagga, Kava, Catmint, Blue Lily, Saffron, and Mugwort, and can be smoked with no nasty side effects.
Herbal Smoke as a Stimulant
If you are looking for a herbal smoke as a stimulant, you may want to look at herbs like: Kanna, which can boost your energy levels and uplift your mood, and Gotu Kola, an Asian herb that acts as a stimulant in small doses, and a sedative in higher doses.
Herbal Smoke to Quit Smoking
We all know that smoking tobacco is addictive, and bad for your health. That is why many people are turning to herbal smoke to help them quit smoking. Another reason quitting smoking is so hard is actually psychological; smokers associate the physical actions of smoking to the calming effect smoking has on their bodies. That is why using herbal smoke can sometimes help you. You are still able to ‘go through the motions’ of lighting and smoking a cigarette, but are no longer inhaling such nasty, and addictive chemicals.
Different Types of Herbal Smoke
As with any plants, all herbs taste different whether you are eating, or smoking them. If you are looking for a strong, potent flavor, you should look for herbal smoke containing: Klip Dagga, or almost any herb from the Dagga family, Blue Lotus, Kanna, Muira Puama, California Poppy, and Sinicuichi.
Perhaps you would prefer a sweeter taste, and if so you should look for herbal smoke containing: wild strawberry leaf, wild cherry, marjoram, passionflower, mullein leaf, and calamus. All of these herbs are sweet when smoked on their own, and can also be blended with some of the more potent herbs to create a smooth but rich taste.